Prof.Dr. Semih Halezeroglu
- Head of Department of Thoracic Surgery, Acıbadem University Faculty of Medicine
- Director of Acibadem Maslak Hospital Thoracic Surgery
- President of the European Society of Thoracic Surgeons (2004-2006)
- He graduated from Istanbul University Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine in 1987.
- In 1992, Thoracic Surgeon Specialist,
- Associate Professor in 2001,
- He became a Professor in 2008.
- He was entitled to receive the European Certification of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Qualification (FETCS) in 2001.
- Head of Thoracic Surgery Department at the American Hospital (2003-2005) (He resigned from this position due to the Full Time Act for Chief Physicians enacted in 2005),
- Sureyyapasa Chest Diseases and Thoracic Surgery Training and Research Hospital Chief Physician and Thoracic Surgery Clinic Chief (2003-2008),
- Istanbul Bilim University Faculty of Medicine Department of Thoracic Surgery (2008-2009)
- He served as the Head of the Department of Thoracic Surgery at Acıbadem University Faculty of Medicine (2009 – present).
European Association of Thoracic Surgeons President's Medal Attachment Ceremony (Barcelona, 2006)
He became the first Turkish surgeon to be elected as the President of the European Society of Thoracic Surgeons, the world's largest Thoracic Surgery Organization with more than 1,000 members from more than sixty countries. He served on the board of directors of the association for 8 years between 2000-2008.
He founded the European School of Thoracic Surgery and served as its Director for 5 years (2006-2011)
Austria, Germany, Belgium, Georgia, Macedonia, Sweden, Italy, France, Slovenia, Japan, Republic of South Africa, Syria, Greece, Scotland, England, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Kosovo to give a conference or moderate scientific meeting Attended 34 scientific meetings in Uruguay, Romania and Poland as an invitee.
He was the only foreign thoracic surgeon invited to lecture at the Japan National Congress of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery held in Nagoya, Japan in 2004.
He gave many lectures at European Schools of Thoracic Surgery in Italy and France. To give lectures or moderate scientific meetings in Austria, Germany, Belgium, Georgia, Macedonia, Sweden, Italy, France, Slovenia, Japan, South He attended 34 scientific meetings in the African Republic, Syria, Greece, Scotland, England, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Kosovo, Uruguay, Romania and Poland as an invitee.
FOX TV News
He served as a founding member of the Turkish Lung Cancer Society and a member of the Board of Directors and Scientific Committee of other Lung Cancers Associations in our country.
ACTIVITIES OF SCIENTIFIC SOCIETY
- He was the President of the European Congress of Thoracic Surgery (10th European Conference on General Thoracic Surgery), which has been held once in our country in 2002.
- He served as the Chairman of the Scientific Committee of the National Thoracic Surgery Congress held in 2011.
- He was elected as the Chairman of the Turkish Thoracic Surgery Competence Board in 2012.
Istanbul Governorship Commendation (2007 and 2008)
For her contributions to health services the Istanbul Governor's Office was awarded 2 certificates of appreciation.
International Thoracic Surgery Masters Award – 2016
This award was given by Prof. Dr. Semih Halezeroğlu, a surgeon from the USA Mayo Clinic and China has been awarded.
Invitations of Our Presidency (2011 and 2012)
Our Presidency has had the honor of being officially invited twice by our Presidency to attend the October 29 Reception held at the Çankaya Mansion.